chasing liberty
When the Rumpus was issued a seize and destroy from the Executive Branch of the US Government, it was for some 7,000 copies the folks had printed with a cover story on Babs evading her Escalade Entourage in a toll booth, to drive into New York City without the National Guard. To publish such acts of evasion was to endanger the life of the first daughter, and despite the coverup, the leak...well, leaked, to the bigwigs at USA, who thought--hey, lets make a movie with the pull quote on IMDB:
Ben: So, you have a little thing for me?
Anna: No. A big thing."
and, because I know we all assume the general public is psycho, let's hope to get reviews on IMDB that are like:
5 out of 7 people found the following comment useful:-
Best film, 2 March 2005
Author: leftyguns2 from Woodbridge Twp NJ
Of all of the films that I have seen recently"Chasing Liberty" has to have been the best.
and, let's make it have the same plot of that Rumpus story, but, you know, instead she's chasing this guy, who it turns out, is in the Secret Service, and we'll throw in the whole, "I thought you really liked me" part right at the end, but "the whole thing was just a lie?" and then the guy has to say that remarkable line, which is lifted from She's all That, or, the taming of the shrew, or something, where the guy is all:
Ben: It started out as a job, but then I messed up. I fell for her.
Let me start over. This film gets teens right on! Mandy wants desperately to go to Berlin for the "love parade," where seedy rastafarians and ravers make out on a studio backlot, but her parents won't allow her to go alone, even if she is accompanied by princess nicoletta or what the fuck. So Mandy sneaks out at a concert, trading clothes with a chic in the bathroom, and does the whole thing herself. I can't keep typing. Yawn. The budget of this film could have saved Africa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home